Daft Punk' Thomas Bangalter to Score Lindsay Lohan Short 'First Point' (Video)
The actress stars as a surfer in the short film, which features music by the co-composer of "Around the World" and "One More Time."
The music of Daft Punk may seem better suited for sci-fi blockbusters than California waves, but the duo's Thomas Bangalter is trying his hand at the beach with a new film score.
The robot-headed producer has provided the music for First Point, a short film starring Lindsay Lohan as a surfer.
The five-minute piece premiered Monday as part of Switzerland's Art Basel fair. For Lohan, who's now filming Lifetime original movie Liz & Dick, it's a different look.
"It's not fashion photography, it's not mainstream film," director Richard Phillips told ABCNews.com.
In a teaser for the film, the actress walks the beach and surfs to the sound of Bangalter's moody synthesizers.
Daft Punk have reportedly been at work on a new album in recent months, with electronic music icon Giorgio Moroder announcing a collaboration with the band at Ibiza's International Music Summit. At the 2012 SXSW Film Festival, iconic singer-sonwriter Paul Williams revealed that he collaborated with the pair as well.
The duo's last studio album, Human After All, was released in 2005, followed by a live album and 2010's Tron: Legacy soundtrack.
Watch the teaser below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR