Lindsay Lohan Dropped from Linda Lovelace Biopic
'Inferno' moving on with new actress replacing the troubled star.
Inferno Director Matthew Wilder is moving ahead with his biopic of porn star Linda Lovelace without actress Lindsay Lohan in the lead role.
"We are withdrawing our offer from Lindsay Lohan," Wilder tells E! News. "We are currently in negotiations (with another actress) and working out the legalities of bringing her on board."
Ultimately Wilder said the issue came down to "the impossibility" of insuring the actress "and some other issues."
Lohan has been in and out of jail and rehab over the past year and is currently living at a sober living facility in Rancho Mirage, Calif.
"We have stuck by Lindsay very patiently for a long time with a lot of love and support," Wilding said.
The actress' replacement is expected to be announced shortly.
Lohan's rep said it was a joint decision: "Together they decided to move forward without her."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR