Lindsay Lohan Leaves Jail After Posting $75,000 Bail
On Friday, the actress was sentenced to 120 days behind bars for violating probation by allegedly stealing a necklace.
Actress Lindsay Lohan posted $75,000 bail and was released from police custody Friday night in Los Angeles. The Mean Girls star had been sentenced to 120 days behind bars for violating probation by allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace from a boutique in Venice, Calif.
Lohan's attorney appealed the sentence Friday.
The theft case had been reduced from grand theft to a misdemanor on Friday.
In addition to her jail time, Lohan was also sentenced to almost 500 hours of community service, including 300 hours at a women's shelter and time at the county morgue.
Lohan's legal troubles began in earnest in 2007 when she was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and police found what appeared to be cocaine in her vehicle. She has since bounced in and out of rehab, repeatedly violated probation and skipped or appeared late for several court dates.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR