Lindsay Lohan Facing More Jail Time After Judge Revokes Her Probation
The "Liz and Dick" star could receive a sentence of up to 245 days in jail related to a June car crash.
Lindsay Lohan's probation was revoked Wednesday morning in a Los Angeles court.
A judge set another hearing for Jan. 15 to determine whether to give the Liz and Dick star more jail time, the Associated Press reported.
The actress, who did not appear in court, faces misdemeanor counts of reckless driving, lying to a police officer and obstructing an officer from performing duties following a June accident in which her car crashed into a dump truck on Pacific Coast Highway.
Lohan had told Santa Monica police that her assistant was driving, but detectives now believe the actress -- who was on probation at the time for a previous conviction of misdemeanor theft of a necklace -- was driving the car.
At the Jan. 15 hearing, Lohan could be sentenced up to 245 days in jail, according to the AP. The actress previously served 84 minutes in jail in 2007 related to a drunken-driving offense.
Lohan also faces a misdemeanor assault charge in New York after a woman claimed the actress struck her at a nightclub.
Lohan wasn't required to appear in court because her charges are misdemeanors; she was represented by her attorney, Shawn Holley.
Reports surfaced Tuesday that Lohan would miss her court date in order to travel overseas with boy band The Wanted. “I heart the UK,” Lohan tweeted Monday.
Lohan, who was removed from supervised probation in March, has recently made an attempt at a career comeback, playing Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime's Liz and Dick, but critics slammed her performance in the TV movie. She also signed on for a role in Bret Easton Ellis' The Canyons and a cameo in Scary Movie 5.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws