Lindsay Lohan's Jewelry Theft Charge Reduced
She is set to stand trial in June, but the chances of her getting a lengthy jail sentence are now unlikely, if she's convicted.
Lindsay Lohan was ordered to stand trial in June for stealing a gold necklace but a judge on Friday reduced the charge to a simple misdemeanor, sharply reducing the chances of the actress getting a lengthy jail sentence if convicted.
Los Angeles Superior Court judge Stephanie Sautner declined to dismiss the case after a preliminary hearing, and ordered Lohan to stand trial on June 3.
"I am going to give her an opportunity. I'm going to reduce this case...to a misdemeanor," Sautner said.
Lohan, 24, has pleaded not guilty to walking out of a jewelry store in January without paying for a $2,500 gold necklace. She was originally charged with a more serious count of felony grand theft and had faced a prison term of up to three years if convicted.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game