Lindsay Lohan Trial Postponed
The "Canyons" actress faces three misdemeanors stemming from a June 2012 car accident.
The latest Lindsay Lohan trial -- this one involving a trio of misdemeanors stemming from a car accident on Pacific Coast Highway -- was postponed Wednesday.
The Associated Press reports that the trouble magnet, clad in a black dress, confirmed during her Los Angeles court appearance that she's switched lawyers; judge Stephanie Sautner, shaking her head in disapproval, set the trial for March 18 and a hearing for March 1. Since Sautner is retiring, a new judge will take oversee the Lohan case.
Lohan -- who headlines The Canyons, the Paul Schrader-directed erotic thriller co-starring porn star James Deen -- has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanors of reckless driving, lying to a police officer and obstructing an officer from performing duties following a June 2012 incident in which her car crashed into a dump truck on the PCH.
Meanwhile, her New York City nightclub brawl remains under investigation. Earlier this month, prosecutors postponed court proceedings on whether to make a case against Lohan for the Nov. 29 incident the club Avenue in which a woman claimed she slapped her in the face. Lohan was arrested and charged with third-degree misdemeanor assault.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)