Lindsay Lohan Trial Postponed
The "Canyons" actress faces three misdemeanors stemming from a June 2012 car accident.
The latest Lindsay Lohan trial -- this one involving a trio of misdemeanors stemming from a car accident on Pacific Coast Highway -- was postponed Wednesday.
The Associated Press reports that the trouble magnet, clad in a black dress, confirmed during her Los Angeles court appearance that she's switched lawyers; judge Stephanie Sautner, shaking her head in disapproval, set the trial for March 18 and a hearing for March 1. Since Sautner is retiring, a new judge will take oversee the Lohan case.
Lohan -- who headlines The Canyons, the Paul Schrader-directed erotic thriller co-starring porn star James Deen -- has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanors of reckless driving, lying to a police officer and obstructing an officer from performing duties following a June 2012 incident in which her car crashed into a dump truck on the PCH.
Meanwhile, her New York City nightclub brawl remains under investigation. Earlier this month, prosecutors postponed court proceedings on whether to make a case against Lohan for the Nov. 29 incident the club Avenue in which a woman claimed she slapped her in the face. Lohan was arrested and charged with third-degree misdemeanor assault.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack