Lindsay Lohan Will Play Kim Gotti
The actress had been considered for several roles - and then out of the movie altogether - before announcing she'll play John Gotti Jr.'s wife.
First Lindsay Lohan was considered for a role in the John Gotti biopic, Gotti: Three Generations. Then she was out. Then she was back in.
So what's the real story?
At a April 12 press conference, producers said Lohan was indeed in talks to star in the mobster film, which will begin filming this fall in New York. She was believed to play Victoria Gotti, the blonde-tressed daughter of John Gotti.
Then on Wednesday, it was announced Lohan would not play that role.
"We are not talking any further about Lindsay playing Victoria," producer Marc Fiore said in a statement. "She is no longer being considered. The talks have stopped. We are going to meet with other people [for the role]."
But later Wednesday, Lohan was back -- in a different role. She'll play John Gotti Jr.'s wife, Kim. (Kim Kardashian was also considered for that role according to reports.)
"I'm really excited to be back on set and clear up all the misinterpretations about me and show this is what I love to do," said the troubled actress, who is currently facing felony misdemeanor theft charges after allegedly swiping a necklace from a Venice, Calif. store.
John Travolta will play John Gotti, and Joe Pesci has been cast as Angelo Ruggiero.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'