L.A. Attorney David Wohl Requested to Assist in Lindsay Lohan Trial
Reports indicate that the actress might have lost the chance at a plea deal in connection with her PCH car accident.
Lindsay Lohan’s legal team might be growing.
After a Friday hearing, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James Dabney ordered Lohan’s New York-based attorney Mark Heller to enlist the aid of another attorney who is competent in California law during the trial or force Lohan to waive her right to an attorney. Lohan's trial is scheduled to begin March 18.
According to The Los Angeles Times, Heller has requested the help of David Wohl of Orange County criminal law firm Wallin & Klarich. Wohl, a 24-year California court veteran, also is a regular legal analyst for Fox News.
“We are awaiting Ms. Lohan’s approval,” Paul Wallin, a partner at the firm, told LAT. “Mr. Heller made the request. The court and our firm want to ensure the integrity of this case.”
Lohan parted ways with lawyer Shawn Holley last month.
The troubled actress, who has been on probation for drunk driving and shoplifting charges since 2007, is accused of telling officers that she was not driving the Porsche that rear-ended a truck June 18 en route to the Liz & Dick set on Pacific Coast Highway. She faces one misdemeanor count each of reckless driving, providing false information to an officer and willfully resisting, obstructing or delaying an officer.
Throughout her court proceedings, Lohan has refused any deal that would have her locked up, including an offer from prosecutors to serve 90 days in a locked rehabilitation facility to resolve the charges. According to LAT, Lohan likely has lost any chance at a potential plea deal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game