Lindsay Lohan's Jewelry Theft Case Headed to Trial
10:49 AM PST 3/10/2011 by Mark Cina
She rejects a plea agreement by prosecutors that included a guaranteed return to jail.
Lindsay Lohan's $2,500 necklace theft case is headed to trial.At a hearing Thursday, the 24-year-old actress (who showed up late in a latex dress) rejected a plea agreement by prosecutors that included a guaranteed return to jail. An April 22 preliminary hearing is now set. Superior Court Judge Keith Schwartz told Lohan how he would sentence her if she pleaded guilty or no contest to the theft - and gave her two weeks to consider. The exact terms of the proposed plea deal by prosecutors and the judge's offer were not disclosed. If eventually convicted, the actress could be sentenced to up to three years in state prison. At Lohan's preliminary hearing, the judge also will determine whether the alleged theft violated terms of the actress' probation on a 2007 drunken driving and drug conviction, which also means more slammer time for the star, 24.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR