Lionsgate Extends Celestial Tiger Entertainment Distribution Deal to Korea and Japan
The move gets the mini-studio's product into East Asia after the Hong Kong-based cable channel operator started releasing its film and TV product in China.
TORONTO -- Celestial Tiger Entertainment has expanded its Southeast Asian distribution deal with Lionsgate to cover Japan and Korea.
The move will see the Hong Kong-based cable channel operator handle Lionsgate TV content and film library titles in East Asia, building on an existing deal to distribute the mini-studio’s product, including upcoming films from Summit Entertainment, in and around China.
“Our licensing business in greater China and Southeast Asia has grown exponentially this past year and we are excited to now represent Lionsgate's fantastic slate of television programs as well as Lionsgate’s prolific library, including Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment titles, in all of East Asia,” Wendy Reeds, Celestial Tiger Entertainment’s executive vp of content sales and distribution, said Monday.
Besides expanding its distribution deal and profile in the Asian market, Lionsgate also has a stake in Celestial Tiger Entertainment, along with Saban Capital.
The Hong Kong-based player operates branded pay TV channels, and produces and distributes video content across Asia.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws