Lionsgate Leapfrogs Into New Kids DVD, Digital Content With Educational Toy Maker
The Canadian mini-studio is extending its partnership to develop, produce and distribute four new animated movies from early 2014.
TORONTO – Lionsgate and educational toy maker LeapFrog Enterprises are pacting to develop, produce and distribute four new animated movies on the DVD and digital platforms from early 2014.
The deal extends Lionsgate's distribution rights to LeapFrog’s catalog of animated DVDs featuring the Leap, Lily and Tad characters that take children on learning adventures that appeal to parents and educators.
Lionsgate has grabbed the worldwide distribution rights to the latest projects, which follow LeapFrog and the Canadian-based mini-studio since 2008 releasing 12 animated DVDs into the educational entertainment market.
LeapFrog retains rights to distribute the new content across its own proprietary digital platforms.
The latest partnership deal was unveiled by Anne Parducci, executive vp of marketing and family entertainment for Lionsgate, and Leapfrog CEO John Barbour.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR