Lionsgate nets U.S. rights to Icon's 'Butterfly'
Icon Prods. has sold stateside distribution rights to the R-rated crime thriller "Butterfly on a Wheel" to Lionsgate Releasing.
Directed by Mike Barker ("A Good Woman"), "Wheel" stars Pierce Brosnan as a mysterious stranger who arrives in Chicago and terrorizes a happy-seeming married couple (Maria Bello, Gerard Butler) after kidnapping their daughter. Soon it becomes clear that his outrageous demands are not in pursuit of a big cash payment.
The film's title comes from Alexander Pope's "An Epistle to Dr Arbuthnot": "Who breaks a butterfly upon a wheel?"
Written by William Morrissey, "Wheel" was filmed in Vancouver and Chicago. It was produced by Brosnan, Morrissey and William Vince. Executive producers are Icon's Bruce Davey, Marina Grasic, Beau St. Clair and Dave Valleau. It is an Infinity Features/Irish Dreamtime U.K./Canadian co-production.
Icon Entertainment International is handling worldwide sales; Japan and Italy are the only territories still available.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR