Lionsgate to Preview 'Warrior' During Labor Day Weekend
The studio is utilizing Twitter and a dedicated website to drive ticket sales and word of mouth for the Sept. 9 release of the family fight film.
TORONTO -- Lionsgate wants to test Twitter’s ability to sell movie tickets by pre-releasing the family fight film Warrior on Labor Day weekend, ahead of its Sept. 9 bow.
Billed as sneak-peek previews, Gavin O’Connor’s action drama will screen on Sunday, Sept. 4 at 7 p.m. in theaters nationwide.
Ahead of the pre-release, Lionsgate and Twitter have created the hashtag #WARRIORMovieSneakPreview to use tweets to drive ticket sales and generate word of mouth around the film.
Lionsgate also created a dedicated website for Sept. 4 ticket purchases.
Warrior stars Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton as two estranged brothers facing the fight of a lifetime.
The picture also stars Nick Nolte and Jennifer Morrison.
The Warrior screenplay was penned by O’Connor, Anthony Tambakis and Cliff Dorman, with Lionsgate and Mimran Schur Pictures producing.
Executive producer credits belong to Michael Paseornek, Lisa Ellzey, David Mimran, Jordan Schur and John J. Kelly.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR