Lionsgate Reups Grindstone/Emmett Furla Film Slate Deal
The indie studio is to release another ten movies from the partnership, starting with "Empire State," which stars Dwayne Johnson, Liam Hemsworth and Emma Roberts.
TORONTO - Lionsgate Entertainment has renewed its film slate deal with Grindstone Entertainment Group and Emmett/Furla Films for another 10 movies.
The latest agreement follows the Vancouver-based indie studio releasing four to five films annually under the Lionsgate/Grindstone Entertainment names, including the Bruce Willis-starrer Set Up, the crime drama Freelancers, starring Robert DeNiro and Forrest Whitaker, and the serial killer thriller The Frozen Ground, starring Nicolas Cage and John Cusack.
"Grindstone has been an important supplier of content for our filmed entertainment business in recent years, and their pipeline of commercially exciting, quality films from Emmett/Furla has been a key element of their success," Lionsgate co-COO and motion picture group president Steve Beeks said Thursday.
Next up for a Lionsgate release from the Grindstone/Emmett/Furla collaboration is the crime thriller Empire State, which stars Dwayne Johnson, Liam Hemsworth and Emma Roberts.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills