Lionsgate, Sea to Sky and Tandem Ink Co-Venture Deal For TV Dramas
The pact will start with "Sex, Lies and Handwriting," to be adapted by Annie Brunner.
TORONTO -- Lionsgate and Canadian partner Sea to Sky Entertainment have joined with Tandem Communications to develop and produce one-hour dramas.
The co-venture agreement will kick off with Sex, Lies and Handwriting, a straight-to-series project that Vancouver-based Sea to Sky will produce.
Inspired by Michelle Dresbold’s book of the same name, the drama will be adapted by co-executive producer Annie Brunner, with Nancy Miller as executive producer and showrunner.
Jeff Sagansky, Sunta Izzicupo (The Ron Clark Story) and Chris Barrett are executive producers on the show.
“Tandem has had great success with international co-productions, and we’re delighted to be in business with them, our partners at Sea to Sky and the exceptional creative and producing team assembled for Sex, Lies and Handwriting, a series we believe has the potential to attract a broad audience around the world,” said Kevin Beggs, president of Lionsgate Television Group.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR