Lionsgate Shopping 'Harold & Kumar' TV Show (Exclusive)
With "A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas" hitting theaters today, Lionsgate is shopping an animated version of the raunchy stoner comedy with stars Kal Penn and John Cho.
With Harold & Kumar readying for its big screen return today, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Lionsgate is shopping an animated TV version.
Film stars John Cho and Kal Penn are on board to voice the characters, Harold and Kumar, respectively, while A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas' scribes Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg are attached to pen the script, according to sources.
Lionsgate has received multiple offers from cable networks, but no official deal has been made for the potential series.
The Nov. 4 film release marks the third entry in Mandate Pictures' raunchy stoner film franchise. The first, 2004's Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle grossed $18.3 million domestically; the second, 2008's Harold & Kumar Escape to Guantanamo Bay, garnered $38.1 million.
Penn and Cho are both repped by the Gersh Agency; Hurwitz and Schlossberg are repped by CAA.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR