Lionsgate Shopping 'Harold & Kumar' TV Show (Exclusive)
With "A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas" hitting theaters today, Lionsgate is shopping an animated version of the raunchy stoner comedy with stars Kal Penn and John Cho.
With Harold & Kumar readying for its big screen return today, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Lionsgate is shopping an animated TV version.
Film stars John Cho and Kal Penn are on board to voice the characters, Harold and Kumar, respectively, while A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas' scribes Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg are attached to pen the script, according to sources.
Lionsgate has received multiple offers from cable networks, but no official deal has been made for the potential series.
The Nov. 4 film release marks the third entry in Mandate Pictures' raunchy stoner film franchise. The first, 2004's Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle grossed $18.3 million domestically; the second, 2008's Harold & Kumar Escape to Guantanamo Bay, garnered $38.1 million.
Penn and Cho are both repped by the Gersh Agency; Hurwitz and Schlossberg are repped by CAA.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!