Lionsgate, Varsity Pictures, The Collective Producing 3D 'Night of the Living Fred'
It's the follow-up to the 2010 Nickelodeon movie, "Fred: The Movie," featuring YouTube star Fred Figglehorn.
Lionsgate, Varsity Picture and The Collective will produce 3D Night of the Living Fred.
It's the follow-up to the 2010 Nickelodeon movie, Fred: The Movie, featuring YouTube star Fred Figglehorn, created by teen Lucas Cruikshank.
Cruikshank is repped by The Collective. Brian Robbins and Sharla Sumpter Bridgett of Varsity Pictures and Gary Binkow and Evan Weiss of The Collective are producing the film. Michael Green, CEO of The Collective, will executive produce.
Lionsgate has North American distribution rights and is also selling international rights to the film.
Production is currently underway in Los Angeles with John Fortenberry (Blue Mountain State) directing from a script by David A. Goodman (Family Guy).
“Fred’s journey from internet character to media star has been nothing short of astounding, and we’re excited to partner with Lionsgate to bring the second feature film based on Fred’s hilarious adventures to life,” says Robbins in a statement.
“We're always excited to partner with talent who has a direct relationship with a broad online fan base, because there are so many possibilities for engaging that audience throughout the filmmaking and marketing process. Lucas is a true next generation entertainer, and we are so proud to bring Fred, the unique character he created, to his fans in 3D,” said Lionsgate’s president of motion picture development and production Michael Paseornek. "Fred has already conquered the online world and achieved record ratings for Nickelodeon, and we believe he's ready for his feature film debut."
“We are always looking for ways to help creative, entrepreneurial talent like Lucas reach new audiences and extend their brands across new platforms,” says Green. "Night of the Living Fred is sure to prove to the vast fan base that Lucas has already established on the Web and on television that he has even bigger plans in store for them in the future.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott