Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Headed to Imax Screens
The giant screen exhibitor will release a digitally-remastered version of the teen tentpole on November 22, 2013.
BANFF, ALBERTA – Imax is to release Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games: Catching Fire on its super-sized screens on November 22, 2013.
Imax had success releasing the first Hunger Games film, with a rollout in China on 67 of its giant screens to come later this month.
For the second installment of the movie franchise, director Francis Lawrence will use Imax cameras to shoot certain scenes from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, which will also be digitally remastered into the Imax format.
"We are thrilled to continue the productive partnership we enjoyed with Imax on the first installment of The Hunger Games," Lionsgate motion picture group co-chairs Rob Friedman and Patrick Wachsberger said Wednesday.
The Imax rollout of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will take place day-and-date with Lionsgate's wide release on November 22, 2013.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR