Lionsgate's 'I, Frankenstein' Gets Imax Release
The Aaron Eckhart-starrer will hit U.S. and overseas giant-screen theaters starting Jan. 24, 2014.
TORONTO – Lionsgate and Lakeshore Entertainment's I, Frankenstein will be released in Imax theaters in the U.S. and select international territories starting Jan. 24, 2014, the giant-screen exhibitor confirmed on Tuesday.
Lionsgate had previously talked about releasing the action thriller, which stars Aaron Eckhart, on Imax screens to chase premium ticket prices.
But that was before a series of release date changes for the Frankenstein creature feature.
"The producers certainly have a strong track record -- with the Underworld franchise having grossed more than $460 million at the global box office -- and we're excited to team up with them once again as they launch this all-new cinematic world," Imax Entertainment CEO Greg Foster said in a statement on Tuesday.
I, Frankenstein, from writer/director Stuart Beattie, also stars Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski, Miranda Otto and Aden Young as Victor Frankenstein.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR