Bollywood Actress Lisa Ray Drops 'Patch Town' Gig to Resume Cancer Treatment
The Canadian-based actress was first diagnosed in 2009 with multiple myeloma, a chronic condition that requires ongoing treatment.
TORONTO -- Canadian/Bollywood actress Lisa Ray has had to abandon the lead role in the Canadian short-to-feature movie adaptation Patch Town as she resumes her battle with cancer.
“Several weeks ago, it was determined by my doctors that I should begin a course of treatment, which I have already started,” Ray said late Wednesday on her Twitter and Facebook accounts.
The film and TV star in 2009 was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a chronic condition she will always be treated for.
“I feel wonderful, healthy and strong, I've switched to a plant-based diet and I'm active in a number of exciting projects which I will share over the next few months,” Ray said.
She was tapped to play the lead in Craig Goodwill’s Patch Town, but was replaced with a week to go before production by Zoie Palmer (Lost Girl, Sex After Kids).
Ray said she always knew that she would have to undergo treatments and “maintenance therapy on a periodic basis.”
“Lisa has been an integral part of Patch Town, and we were looking forward to her reprising her role of Bethany, but we understand that circumstances change," Goodwill said in his own statement Wednesday.
Suresh John and Stephanie Pitsiladis (Hairspray) also star in the fantasy drama that is a feature film adaption of Goodwill’s 2011 short film Patch Town.
Written by Trevor Martin and Christopher Bond, Patch Town portrays an abandoned toy whose dream is to be reunited with his long-lost adoptive mother.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack