Little Mix Breaks Spice Girls' Chart Record
The “X Factor” U.K. alums’ debut album bows at No. 4 on the Billboard 200.
British vocal quartet Little Mix breaks a Spice Girls chart record this week, as the former's debut album, DNA, bows at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart. It's the highest debut ever for a British female group's first album, surpassing the No. 6 arrival of Spice Girls' Spice in 1997. DNA was led by the single "Wings," which reached No. 26 on the Pop Songs airplay chart (known as Mainstream Top 40 on Billboard.biz).
Overall, Little Mix has the highest start for any female group's debut album since 2006, when Danity Kane's self-titled set started at No. 1. DNA enters with 50,000 sold in the week ending June 2, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Little Mix won the 2011 British version of The X Factor, the same show that brought us its SYCO/Columbia Records label-mates One Direction. The latter came in third place on the 2010 series.
Little Mix (comprising Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinncok and Jade Thirlwall) will make its U.S. television debut this Friday, June 7, on ABC's Good Morning America, performing as part of the show's annual Summer Concert Series. Three days later, the group will appear on ABC's Live With Kelly & Michael.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!