'Liv and Maddie' Actress Joins Hailee Steinfeld in 'Barely Lethal' (Exclusive)
UPDATED: The indie follows a teenage assassin who tries to live a normal high school life.
Liv and Maddie actress Dove Cameron has joined Hailee Steinfeld in comedy Barely Lethal, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The film, which will also star Samuel L. Jackson and Jessica Alba, follows a 16-year-old (Steinfeld) trained assassin who runs away to live a normal high school life, only to discover that fitting in isn't as easy as she would have hoped.
Cameron will play Liz Larson, the Queen Bee of the high school. Steinfeld's character Meghan moves in with Liz, and they become best friends. Liz helps Meghan acclimate to school, and comes to her aid then things get tough.
Fanboys director Kyle Newman is helming the project with a script by John D'Arco. John Cheng and Brett Ratner are producing via their RatPac Entertainment, along with Hopscotch Pictures’ Sukee Chew and RKO Pictures' Ted Hartley and Vanessa Coifman.
Cameron is known for playing the lead on Disney Channel's series Liv and Maddie. She has also appeared on The Mentalist and Shameless. She's repped by Abrams Artists Agency, Industry Entertainment and attorney Patti Felker.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR