'Live With Kelly' Ratings Rise Without Regis Philbin
Since the TV legend left, the show's audience is up 12 percent year-over-year among all viewers and up 14 percent in its core demographic.
Following Regis Philbin's highly-rated farewell from his long-time show, its ratings are up from the year-ago period, the New York Times reported.
Ratings for Live With Kelly have dropped from the high set by Live With Regis and Kelly with Philbin’s farewell in November. But the show is doing better with Ripa and guest hosts than the show did in the comparable period last year, the paper highlighted.
Looking at the period since Philbin left, Live is up 12 percent year-over-year among all viewers to an average of 3.93 million viewers from Nov. 21 through Dec. 11, according to the Times. It is also up 14 percent to 1 million women in its target audience of women ages 25 to 54.
The weeks with Ripa and guest hosts, such as Jerry Seinfeld, Neil Patrick Harris and Josh Groban, have also outperformed the show’s average for the current TV season before Philbin’s departure, the paper said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR