Live Nation in Talks to Host Concerts at London Olympic Stadium (Report)
The live events giant last year decided to stop putting on gigs at Hyde Park in the British capital.
Live events giant Live Nation is in conversations to host concerts at London's Olympic Stadium as early as this summer, the Guardian reported.
It was not immediately clear if Live Nation is in exclusive talks. But the paper said that Live Nation would likely organize concerts in the main stadium, as well as other parts of the Olympic park complex.
A spokeswoman for the London Legacy Development Corp. said the organization was continuing to explore options with event organizers to bring concerts to the stadium. "These talks are ongoing and an announcement will be made in due course," she said. Live Nation declined to comment.
The live events giant last year decided to stop putting on gigs at Hyde Park in the British capital. Several Hyde Park concerts, including one by Bruce Springsteen, last year were cut short due to a noise curfew. The firm also criticized a flawed tender process and rising costs.
The Olympic Stadium in East London is scheduled to re-open with concerts over the July 27-28 weekend, which marks the first anniversary of the opening of the Summer Games in the city.
English soccer club West Ham also currently has the opportunity to boost its offer to make the Olympic Stadium its home field. A Live Nation deal is believed to be negotiated separately from the soccer arrangement.
A redevelopment of the stadium is expected to cost $260 million-plus and add a full roof.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty