Liz Cheney Hired as Contributor at Fox News Channel
The daughter of former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney will be a substitute host for Sean Hannity and a commentator on a variety of shows.
Fox News Channel has hired Liz Cheney, a former State Department official and the eldest daughter of Vice President Dick Cheney, as a contributor and substitute host.
Cheney has been an occasional guest on FNC for a few years and insiders say she has proven herself an interesting, sometimes feisty commentator, like when she called FNC star Bill O’Reilly “flat out wrong” while debating the Iraq War four months ago. "I don't expect you and your father to agree with me," he fired back. (Video is below).
Cheney, 45, is expected to weigh in on national security issues and will be featured heavily during Republican primary season. Insiders say she’ll also be tapped to substitute for Sean Hannity, a plum role given that Hannity is one of the most popular shows on the channel.
Cheney is the media industry's second high-profile hire lately of the offspring of a major political figure. Chelsea Clinton, the daughter of President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, has been with NBC for nearly three months. The New York Post reported Friday, though, that Chelsea Clinton’s contract was for only 90 days and it may not be renewed. NBC didn’t respond to a request for comment.
Fox News didn’t disclose the terms of Cheney’s contract, though insiders say she’s expected to contribute for a minimum of about one year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)