Liza Minnelli cancels shows due to pneumonia
Singer ordered by her doctor to cancel seven concerts.
Liza Minnelli is canceling seven upcoming performances because she has bronchial pneumonia.
Minnelli released a statement Thursday through her publicist saying she was ordered by her doctor to cancel the shows.
In her statement, she says performing live is her passion and she's "greatly disappointed" that she had to cancel the tour dates.
The canceled performances include an Oct. 15 concert in Spokane, Wash.; an Oct. 22 show in Appleton, Wis.; and an Oct. 29 appearance in Joliet, Ill. She also will miss shows in Indiana, Massachusetts and Tennessee.
The entertainer says she'll be back on stage Nov. 20 in Staten Island, N.Y.
Minnelli's tour features material from her new CD, "Confessions."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR