'Lizzie McGuire's' Daniel Escobar Dies at 49
The actor is best known for his role as teacher Mr. Escobar on the Disney Channel series.
Daniel Escobar, best known for his role on Disney Channel's Lizzie McGuire, died Friday of complications from diabetes at a hospital in Los Angeles. He was 49.
Escobar played the character of Mr. Escobar opposite Hilary Duff on the TV series from 2001-02.
Escobar earned his bachelor's in fine arts at Southern Methodist University and also trained with the Shakespeare Theatre at Folger.
In addition to his Lizzie McGuire role, he recurred on Dharma & Greg and appeared in a slew of shows including Weeds, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Malcolm in the Middle, NYPD Blue, Two and a Half Men, Charmed, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Desperate Housewives, Whitney and How I Met Your Mother.
His film credits include Ted Demme's Blow, Gore Verbinski's The Mexican and Mark Ruffalo's Sundance winner Sympathy for Delicious.
Escobar also won a Helen Hayes Award in 2008 for his role in the Washington, D.C.-based Woolly Mammoth Theater Company's production of David Greenspan's She Stoops to Comedy.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR