'Lizzie McGuire's' Daniel Escobar Dies at 49
The actor is best known for his role as teacher Mr. Escobar on the Disney Channel series.
Daniel Escobar, best known for his role on Disney Channel's Lizzie McGuire, died Friday of complications from diabetes at a hospital in Los Angeles. He was 49.
Escobar played the character of Mr. Escobar opposite Hilary Duff on the TV series from 2001-02.
Escobar earned his bachelor's in fine arts at Southern Methodist University and also trained with the Shakespeare Theatre at Folger.
In addition to his Lizzie McGuire role, he recurred on Dharma & Greg and appeared in a slew of shows including Weeds, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Malcolm in the Middle, NYPD Blue, Two and a Half Men, Charmed, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Desperate Housewives, Whitney and How I Met Your Mother.
His film credits include Ted Demme's Blow, Gore Verbinski's The Mexican and Mark Ruffalo's Sundance winner Sympathy for Delicious.
Escobar also won a Helen Hayes Award in 2008 for his role in the Washington, D.C.-based Woolly Mammoth Theater Company's production of David Greenspan's She Stoops to Comedy.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!