Accused LL Cool J Burglar Pleads Not Guilty
Jonathan Kirby was allegedly involved in a fight with the rapper after breaking into his L.A. home last week.
A man accused of breaking into LL Cool J’s L.A. home has plead not guilty.
Kirby, who is described as a transient, is accused of entering LL Cool J’s home early last Wednesday. According to police, the rapper, apprehended the man after a "knock-down, drag-out" fight.
Kirby was treated at an area hospital with a broken jaw and nose afterwards, and apparently still showed bruises from the fight during his court appearance. Kirby is being held at $1.1 million bail and is set to appear in court next month.
After last week's break in, the rapper issued a statement through a spokesman:
"As a father, husband and citizen, he is committed to keeping his family safe and is cooperating with authorities on this private matter,” the statement read.
LL Cool J, whose real name is James Todd Smith, appears on CBS’ NCIS: Los Angeles. In June he announced he was working on a new album.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR