Lleju Prods. to Produce and Finance 'The Baytown Disco'
Lleju Prods. will produce and finance Barry Battles' debut comedy The Baytown Disco.
The story follows three redneck brothers who get mixed up with a woman when they try to retrieve her son from his father, who they think is abusive. Battles wrote the screenplay, which landed on the unofficial Black List of most liked screenplays in 2009, with Griffin Hood.
Robert Teitel and George Tillman will produce along with Lleju under their State Street Pictures banner. The producers are currently casting.
“We found Barry and Griffin’s script to be edgy, fun and entertaining, which is synonymous with the LLeju brand,” said Lleju president William O. Perkins.
Lleju has produced the features After.Life, Unthinkable and Gangster’s Paradise: Jerusalema. Cat Run, starring Paz Vega, and The Chameleon, starring Ellen Barkin and Famke Janssen, will hit theaters in the spring.
State Street has produced Soul Food, Barbershop, Roll Bounce and Notorious. Its upcoming slate includes Phenom, Champions, Samurai and Bobby Martinez.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical