Lleju Prods. to Produce and Finance 'The Baytown Disco'
Lleju Prods. will produce and finance Barry Battles' debut comedy The Baytown Disco.
The story follows three redneck brothers who get mixed up with a woman when they try to retrieve her son from his father, who they think is abusive. Battles wrote the screenplay, which landed on the unofficial Black List of most liked screenplays in 2009, with Griffin Hood.
Robert Teitel and George Tillman will produce along with Lleju under their State Street Pictures banner. The producers are currently casting.
“We found Barry and Griffin’s script to be edgy, fun and entertaining, which is synonymous with the LLeju brand,” said Lleju president William O. Perkins.
Lleju has produced the features After.Life, Unthinkable and Gangster’s Paradise: Jerusalema. Cat Run, starring Paz Vega, and The Chameleon, starring Ellen Barkin and Famke Janssen, will hit theaters in the spring.
State Street has produced Soul Food, Barbershop, Roll Bounce and Notorious. Its upcoming slate includes Phenom, Champions, Samurai and Bobby Martinez.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game