Despite Media Blitz, Snooki's 'Shore Thing' Fails to Sell
The “Jersey Shore" star's effort moves only 8,998 copies since Jan. 4 release.
When Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi’s book A Shore Thing, was released just after the New Year, the reality star-turned-author went on a promotional tear, hitting a slew of major talk shows including The View, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live and The Late Show with David Letterman. The latter, perhaps looking to prove that Snooki can not only write, but read, even allowed her to recite the nightly top 10 list. Subject: “Top Ten Reasons to Buy the New Snooki book” (see video below).
Snooks also sat for several book signings in cities like Los Angeles (The Grove), New York City (Columbus Circle), Brick, New Jersey and Huntington, Long Island, and even at places where she wasn’t physically present, like Saturday Night Live, she made an appearance by way of a punchline. All this while Jersey Shore was racking up the best ratings of its three-season life, to the tune of some 8.45 million viewers for its January 6 premiere, MTV’s most watched telecast ever.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'