Despite Media Blitz, Snooki's 'Shore Thing' Fails to Sell
The “Jersey Shore" star's effort moves only 8,998 copies since Jan. 4 release.
When Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi’s book A Shore Thing, was released just after the New Year, the reality star-turned-author went on a promotional tear, hitting a slew of major talk shows including The View, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live and The Late Show with David Letterman. The latter, perhaps looking to prove that Snooki can not only write, but read, even allowed her to recite the nightly top 10 list. Subject: “Top Ten Reasons to Buy the New Snooki book” (see video below).
Snooks also sat for several book signings in cities like Los Angeles (The Grove), New York City (Columbus Circle), Brick, New Jersey and Huntington, Long Island, and even at places where she wasn’t physically present, like Saturday Night Live, she made an appearance by way of a punchline. All this while Jersey Shore was racking up the best ratings of its three-season life, to the tune of some 8.45 million viewers for its January 6 premiere, MTV’s most watched telecast ever.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!