Local Version of 'American Idol' Set to Premiere in Colombia
FremantleMedia International has sold "Idols Colombia" to local network RCN.
MEXICO CITY – FremantleMedia International has sold the international version of American Idol to Colombian network RCN.
Set to premiere in spring 2014, Idols Colombia is the 47th local version of the show to be produced worldwide.
FremantleMedia also has sold America's Got Talent season 9 to Sony Pictures Television in Latin America, and the format has been renewed for a localized version (dubbed Talento Chileno) on Chilean network Chilevision for a fifth season.
Other recent Fremantle sales in Latin America include Tattoo Nightmares to TruTV and Storage Wars Canada to A&E Networks.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR