Local Version of 'American Idol' Set to Premiere in Colombia
FremantleMedia International has sold "Idols Colombia" to local network RCN.
MEXICO CITY – FremantleMedia International has sold the international version of American Idol to Colombian network RCN.
Set to premiere in spring 2014, Idols Colombia is the 47th local version of the show to be produced worldwide.
FremantleMedia also has sold America's Got Talent season 9 to Sony Pictures Television in Latin America, and the format has been renewed for a localized version (dubbed Talento Chileno) on Chilean network Chilevision for a fifth season.
Other recent Fremantle sales in Latin America include Tattoo Nightmares to TruTV and Storage Wars Canada to A&E Networks.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR