Logan Lerman Explains Why 'Perks of Being a Wallflower' Made Him Nervous (Video)
The 20-year old actor spoke with THR at its Hollywood in the Hamptons screening event about his new starring role in the perennial teen favorite.
Talk to Logan Lerman for just a short time, and you understand why Stephen Chbosky chose him to play Charlie, the narrator and protagonist of The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Chbosky both wrote the book and wrote/directed the new film adaptation, so it's a character he knows quite well, and Lerman carries himself with the same quiet humility as the shy, high school freshman that has become a beloved icon of teen literature.
It wasn't so much the pressure of delivering on the imaginations of a decade's worth of readers that got to Lerman, though; there were some more primal concerns on his mind. Like what?
"Like having to get into a gold thong and high heels and walk on stage and stuff like that," he laughed, shaking his head at the memory. And he's not exaggerating either; it was full makeup, gold thong and netted stockings for a Rocky Horror performance right in the heart of the film.
At least he had Ezra Miller and Emma Watson in the same get-up, for commiseration purposes.
Lerman also spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about working with Chbosky and his upcoming Darren Aronofsky-directed film, Noah.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR