London 2012: BBC Sport Site Continues to Set Records With Olympics
The U.K. broadcaster's TV coverage also continues to outdraw that for the Beijing 2008 Summer Games.
LONDON - The BBC Sport web site set another Olympics-fueled record on Monday.
The site drew 7.2 million U.K. visitors, beating a record of 6.1 million set on Sunday, the U.K. public broadcaster said. Its global visitor figures reached 9.7 million on Monday. For Sunday, bbc.co.uk/sport had drawn 8.3 million global browsers.
The broadcaster's TV coverage also continued to outdraw the Beijing 2008 Summer Games, even though peak viewership was down from Sunday.
Monday night's swimming finals peaked at 8.8 million viewers, the BBC said. On Sunday, the audience had peaked at 10.7 million.
The BBC in 2008 drew a peak audience of 6.8 million with the closing ceremony, while the most-watched Olympics highlights show peaked with about 7.5 million viewers.
Also, a peak audience of 7.0 million watched a British duo narrowly miss out on a medal the 10 meter synchronized diving competition, and the British men's gymnastics team bronze medal performance drew a peak audience of 5.4 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)