Protesters at Google's London Headquarters Demand Removal of 'Innocence of Muslims' Video From YouTube
LONDON - An estimated 3,000 people protested outside of YouTube owner Google's London headquarters on Sunday to demand the removal of controversial film Innocence of Muslims from the online video site.
Police here estimated that about 3,000 people showed up for the Sunday afternoon demonstration, but the Muslim Action Forum, which organized it, said up to 10,000 people showed up, the Telegraph reported.
The protest, which was incident-free, closed down Buckingham Palace Road in London's Victoria neighborhood for about three hours on Sunday afternoon, the paper said.
The trailer of the film led to demonstrations across the Arab world and beyond last month. U.S. ambassador Christopher Stevens was killed in an attack on the U.S. embassy in Libya.
"YouTube and its parent company, Google, continue to share Islamaphobic material and continue to incite racial hatred," the Muslim Action Forum said.
Google has said the video is within its guidelines. It has removed it in Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and India though following complaints there.