London Helicopter Crash Pilot Flew In 'Saving Private Ryan,' 'Die Another Day' (Report)
Pete Barnes, who was killed Wednesday morning, was involved in movie and TV productions also including "Tom Raider 2."
LONDON – The pilot of the helicopter that crashed in central London Wednesday morning had flown for movie productions including Die Another Day and Saving Private Ryan.
Pete Barnes, who was one of two fatalities when the helicopter crashed during rush hour after hitting a construction crane on top of a building in the South London neighborhood of Vauxhall, just south of the River Thames, had more than 9,000 hours of flying time, according to a report in The Daily Telegraph.
His flying resume boasted stints as an air ambulance pilot, work on advertisements, TV programs and movie work such as Tomb Raider 2.
He also flew travel report helicopters for local radio across the U.K. and worked as a helicopter instructor.
The crash filled the early morning newscasts across all British media outlets after the chopper went down near the headquarters of U.K. spy agency MI6.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott