London Helicopter Crash Pilot Flew In 'Saving Private Ryan,' 'Die Another Day' (Report)
Pete Barnes, who was killed Wednesday morning, was involved in movie and TV productions also including "Tom Raider 2."
LONDON – The pilot of the helicopter that crashed in central London Wednesday morning had flown for movie productions including Die Another Day and Saving Private Ryan.
Pete Barnes, who was one of two fatalities when the helicopter crashed during rush hour after hitting a construction crane on top of a building in the South London neighborhood of Vauxhall, just south of the River Thames, had more than 9,000 hours of flying time, according to a report in The Daily Telegraph.
His flying resume boasted stints as an air ambulance pilot, work on advertisements, TV programs and movie work such as Tomb Raider 2.
He also flew travel report helicopters for local radio across the U.K. and worked as a helicopter instructor.
The crash filled the early morning newscasts across all British media outlets after the chopper went down near the headquarters of U.K. spy agency MI6.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead