London Helicopter Crash Pilot Flew In 'Saving Private Ryan,' 'Die Another Day' (Report)
Pete Barnes, who was killed Wednesday morning, was involved in movie and TV productions also including "Tom Raider 2."
LONDON – The pilot of the helicopter that crashed in central London Wednesday morning had flown for movie productions including Die Another Day and Saving Private Ryan.
Pete Barnes, who was one of two fatalities when the helicopter crashed during rush hour after hitting a construction crane on top of a building in the South London neighborhood of Vauxhall, just south of the River Thames, had more than 9,000 hours of flying time, according to a report in The Daily Telegraph.
His flying resume boasted stints as an air ambulance pilot, work on advertisements, TV programs and movie work such as Tomb Raider 2.
He also flew travel report helicopters for local radio across the U.K. and worked as a helicopter instructor.
The crash filled the early morning newscasts across all British media outlets after the chopper went down near the headquarters of U.K. spy agency MI6.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR