London's David Bowie Exhibit to Kick Off World Tour in Toronto
The Victoria and Albert Museum's exhibition of the rock icon's life will run at the Art Gallery of Ontario from Sept. 25 to Nov. 27.
TORONTO – The London David Bowie Is exhibit will kick off its world tour in Toronto.
The first stop for the Victoria and Albert Museum’s look at how the 66-year-old glam rock icon transformed contemporary depictions of fashion and art will be the Art Gallery of Ontario.
The exhibit of 300-plus objects from Bowie’s chameleon musical career will run in Toronto from Sept. 25 to Nov. 27.
The collection features stage costumes, including the Ziggy Stardust bodysuits, music videos by David Mallet, including Let’s Dance, and set designs created for the 1974 Diamond Dogs tour.
The North American premiere of the the Bowie exhibit will follow a six month run at the Art Gallery of Ontario for Patti Smith: Camera Solo, an exhibit of photographs and personal objects from the life Patti Smith, the legendary American musician and artist, and her impact on the nascent punk rock scene in the late 1970s and '80s.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!