The 'Lone Ranger' Rides ... In Colorado
After years of no tax incentives, the Centennial State -- having just hosted Johnny Depp and company -- is suddenly getting serious about landing independent productions.
After dust storms and bad weather in New Mexico plagued the filming of Gore Verbinski's The Lone Ranger, starring Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer, the production picked up shop and settled in for three weeks of shooting in the tiny mining town of Creede, Colo.: population 450. And there, everything clicked.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR