'LonelyGirl15' Co-Creator Joins UTA As Agent
Greg Goodfried will be in the digital media department.
UTA has added a digital media pioneer to its agent ranks.
Greg Goodfried, who co-created the webseries LonelyGirl15, has joined the agency’s digital media department.
Goodfried’s experience in the space is not limited to creating the viral webseries, which ran from 2006 to 2008 and made headlines when the series of vlogs, made by a mysterious teenage girl, was revealed to be scripted content. After the success of LonelyGirl15, Goodfried co-founded the media company EQAL, which launched celebrity and brand-driven websites like LaurenConrad.com in addition to other branded entertainment work. The company also created Effie Award-winning digital campaigns for Kraft Foods (“Real Women of Philadelphia”) and Walgreens (“Walk With Walgreens”). Goodfried and his partners sold EQAL to the New York-based digital media company Everyday Health in 2012.
“Greg’s creativity and thought leadership in building digital businesses around big ideas, brands and influencers will be major assets in servicing our clients,” UTA digital media head Brent Weinstein said in a statement. At UTA, Goodfried will be involved in all aspects of the digital media team’s representation and strategic advisory work, especially helping clients create new sources of revenue in the digital space.
“UTA has built a world-class digital team providing value for talent, startups and brands,” Goodfried said in a statement. “I’m excited to join Brent and the team to build on their great momentum.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!