'Looper' Tops Home Entertainment Charts
"Ted" came in second, while "Pitch Perfect" rounded out the top three.
The first week of 2013 brought good news for one of the last titles released in 2012, as Sony Pictures Home Entertainment’s Looper scored on all three major home entertainment charts for the week ended Jan. 6. The sci-fi actioner, which earned $66.5 million at the domestic box office, topped the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert Sales chart, which tracks overall disc sales, as well as its dedicated Blu-ray Disc chart and the Home Media Magazine weekly rental chart.
The No. 2 title, Universal’s Ted, sold 40.8 percent as many copies as Looper, slightly ahead of the No. 3 title, Universal’s Pitch Perfect. The previous week’s top title, Warner’s The Dark Knight Rises, dropped to No. 4.
On the Blu-ray chart, Dark Knight Rises fell to No. 2, selling 27.7 percent as many copies as the Looper Blu-ray, which accounted for 50 percent of total Looper disc sales. The Ted Blu-ray was No. 3.
Looper was one of two new releases to crack the top 20 on First Alert, though not many titles were released at year’s end. The other was another Sony Pictures title, Justified: The Complete Third Season, which was No. 7 overall and No. 11 on the Blu-ray chart.
Turning to rentals, The Dark Knight Rises fell a slot to No. 2. Fox’s Beasts of the Southern Wild, nominated for four Oscars, came off its kiosk embargo to land at No. 19.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR