Loren Dean joins Hilary Swank in 'Waters'
Indie drama being directed by Tony Goldwyn
"Betty Anne Waters" has found a husband.
Loren Dean has joined the cast of the indie drama directed by Tony Goldwyn ("The Last Kiss"). He will play Rick Miller, the resentful husband of the crusading title character (Hilary Swank), who is fighting to get her convicted brother exonerated.
Sam Rockwell, Minnie Driver, Melissa Leo, Clea DuVall and Juliette Lewis are also in the cast of the Omega Entertainment project, which is shooting in Ann Arbor, Mich.
The story follows a working-class single mother whose brother is imprisoned for murder. To prove his innoncence, she earns a law degree and ultimately uses DNA evidence to get him released from jail in 2001, after 18 years.
Pamela Gray wrote the original script and is doing production work during shooting. Richard LaGravenese wrote a separate draft of the story. Pantheon Entertainment's Andrew Sugerman, Longfellow Pictures' Andrew Karsch and Goldwyn are producing. Swank is an executive producer.
Dean, repped by APA and Gateway Management, appeared in "Gattaca," "Rosewood" and "Billy Bathgate."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR