Loren Dean joins Hilary Swank in 'Waters'
Indie drama being directed by Tony Goldwyn
"Betty Anne Waters" has found a husband.
Loren Dean has joined the cast of the indie drama directed by Tony Goldwyn ("The Last Kiss"). He will play Rick Miller, the resentful husband of the crusading title character (Hilary Swank), who is fighting to get her convicted brother exonerated.
Sam Rockwell, Minnie Driver, Melissa Leo, Clea DuVall and Juliette Lewis are also in the cast of the Omega Entertainment project, which is shooting in Ann Arbor, Mich.
The story follows a working-class single mother whose brother is imprisoned for murder. To prove his innoncence, she earns a law degree and ultimately uses DNA evidence to get him released from jail in 2001, after 18 years.
Pamela Gray wrote the original script and is doing production work during shooting. Richard LaGravenese wrote a separate draft of the story. Pantheon Entertainment's Andrew Sugerman, Longfellow Pictures' Andrew Karsch and Goldwyn are producing. Swank is an executive producer.
Dean, repped by APA and Gateway Management, appeared in "Gattaca," "Rosewood" and "Billy Bathgate."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!