Loretta Lynn Hospitalized, Cancels Upcoming Shows
The country singer is suffering from the early stages of pneumonia.
A Kentucky theater says Loretta Lynn has been hospitalized with pneumonia.
The country singer was scheduled to perform Saturday at the Performing Arts Center in Ashland, Ky., but the center issued a release saying she is in the hospital and will be unable to do the concert. The center says the show will be rescheduled.
Marketing director Jenny Holmes confirmed the statement to WOWK-TV. She didn't elaborate on Lynn's condition.
Calls by The Associated Press to representatives of Lynn were not immediately returned Saturday.
In August, Lynn canceled shows because of knee surgery. Before that, the 76-year-old returned to live performances with a show at the Grand Ole Opry after being forced to cancel shows in Ohio and Connecticut because she was hospitalized for heat exhaustion.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR