Loretta Lynn Released from Hospital, Recovering at Home
The country singer was treated for Pneumonia and plans to “take it easy for a couple of weeks.”
After a sudden health scare over the weekend, country legend Loretta Lynn is getting back on her feet.
Lynn was hospitalized on Saturday, Oct. 22 at approximately 1:30 a.m. for breathing difficulty. According to a statement on Lynn’s website, the singer was admitted to a Bowling Green, KY hospital and treated for the beginning stages of Bacterial Pneumonia. Lynn has since been released and is currently recovering in her Hurricane Mills, TN home.
“It was one scary night,” Lynn said in the statement. “But I am feeling better and just gonna take it easy for a couple of weeks.”
Lynn was forced to cancel shows on Saturday in Ashland, KY and Sunday in Durham, NC, but is scheduled to perform on Nov. 3 in Knoxville, TN. In August, the 76-year-old cancelled shows because of knee surgery, shortly after returning to live performances at the Grand Ole Opry. Prior to that, she had cancelled shows in Ohio and Connecticut due to being hospitalized for heat exhaustion.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR