Ultimate Romantic Summer Weekend: Date Nights (and Days)
Sexy game-changers that will stoke (or rekindle) the fire.
This story first appeared in the July 19 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Hurry: You can still make it to Agent Provocateur (242 N. Rodeo Drive) before 6 and pick up some of the sexiest lingerie on the planet. Then slink over to the candle-lit, open-air terrace at the new Sirena (8265 Beverly Blvd.) with your date. It's a favorite of Diana Ross, Taylor Lautner and Serena Williams. Order the oysters and Bollinger La Grande Annee Brut Champagne ($315); skip dinner so the lingerie looks even better.
Start the day with a Champagne brunch cruise on the Hornblower (13755 Fiji Way), boarding from Marina del Rey's Fisherman's Village at 11:30 a.m. It's a two-hour trip with a buffet, music, views and free-flowing bubbly ($63 a person). Or, if you are a learning-moments type of couple, try Sexy Saturdays With Mou, a weekly discussion group led by licensed sex therapist Mou Wilson from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Liberace's former penthouse (7461 Beverly Blvd.; sexysaturdayswithmou.blogspot.com). A three-minute drive away, you can satiate other cravings with a Parisian lunch and rosé at Little Next Door (8142 W. 3rd St.).
Check out the nearby Kiki de Montparnasse (8481 Melrose Place), a posh Paris-style "adults-only store" carrying such instruments of pleasure as masks, blindfolds, videos and massage oil. Go home and take a test drive. Or save the romp for after an evening down the road at Pour Vous (5574 Melrose Ave.), a Parisian oyster bar (try the Zou Bisou cocktail) with burlesque and aerialist performances and one of L.A.'s only dress codes. More domestic couples might opt for Date Night cooking classes at Sur La Table (Farmers Market, 6333 W. 3rd St.) to learn how to make romantic recipes from Spain and Provence.
Start your day with a downward dog a deux at a free 10:30 a.m. yoga class at Runyon Canyon (2001 N. Fuller Ave. entrance) because the couple that works out together stays fit together (and you know what that means). For vittles afterward, Stellar Hitch matchmaker Cristina Morara suggests bringing a picnic basket from Joan's on Third (8350 W. 3rd St.) -- "with the sexiest cheeses, breads and charcuterie" -- to Malibu Wines (31740 Mulholland Hwy.) for "a mini-retreat among the vineyards." Four Seasons L.A. (300 S. Doheny Drive) offers The Power Couple spa/cabana package with chocolate-covered strawberries, Tory Burch sandals, a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and two treatments for $550. Forget dinner; you'll be drunk on amour.
See more perfect summer weekends below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Upton is Bringing Sexy Curves Back, Model Jessica White Praises!
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!