Los Angeles Screenings: Canada's CTV Picks Up 'Bethenny' Talker
The Canadian broadcaster has acquired the Telepictures-produced show for a fall 2013 debut on its daytime schedule.
TORONTO – The Canadians have started buying at the Los Angeles Screenings.
CTV will this morning announce it has acquired the Bethenny Frankel daytime talker Bethenny for a fall 2013 debut.
The Telepictures-produced show is the first acquisition from CTV this week at the annual L.A. Screenings, which got underway for the Canadians Monday.
Bethenny joins a daytime schedule at top-rated CTV that includes The View, Dr. Phil and The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
CTV is losing Anderson Live, which will be canceled after this summer, but also has in the pipeline The Social, a homegrown talk show inspired by social media.
CTV-parent Bell Media did the deal for Bethenny with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution, a major supplier of programming to Canadian broadcasters this week.
CTV will release its full fall 2013 schedule on June 6 in Toronto.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'