'Lost' director to helm Syfy's 'Alphas' pilot
Jack Bender exec producing 90-minute action-adventure
NEW YORK -- Syfy has signed up "Lost" director/executive producer Jack Bender as director/executive producer for the 90-minute action-adventure pilot for "Alphas" (working title).
He will take on the pilot from writers Zak Penn ("X-Men: The Last Stand," "The Incredible Hulk") and Michael Karnow after working on "Lost" for six seasons and directing the show's finale that aired Sunday.
Mark Stern, executive vp of original programming for Syfy and co-head of content for Universal Cable Productions, which is the studio behind the project, announced the news on Monday.
"Alphas" is executive produced by Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun for BermanBraun Television and is slated to start production in Toronto this summer. It follows a team of ordinary citizens who possess extraordinary and unusual mental skills and take the law into their own hands, according to the network.
"We are very excited that Jack has chosen to be part of 'Alphas,'" said Stern. "His vision and expertise are perfectly suited to this project and will truly elevate it."
Bender has also directed episodes of such shows as "The Sopranos," "Carnivale," "Alias" and "Boston Public."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David