'Lost' director to helm Syfy's 'Alphas' pilot
Jack Bender exec producing 90-minute action-adventure
NEW YORK -- Syfy has signed up "Lost" director/executive producer Jack Bender as director/executive producer for the 90-minute action-adventure pilot for "Alphas" (working title).
He will take on the pilot from writers Zak Penn ("X-Men: The Last Stand," "The Incredible Hulk") and Michael Karnow after working on "Lost" for six seasons and directing the show's finale that aired Sunday.
Mark Stern, executive vp of original programming for Syfy and co-head of content for Universal Cable Productions, which is the studio behind the project, announced the news on Monday.
"Alphas" is executive produced by Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun for BermanBraun Television and is slated to start production in Toronto this summer. It follows a team of ordinary citizens who possess extraordinary and unusual mental skills and take the law into their own hands, according to the network.
"We are very excited that Jack has chosen to be part of 'Alphas,'" said Stern. "His vision and expertise are perfectly suited to this project and will truly elevate it."
Bender has also directed episodes of such shows as "The Sopranos," "Carnivale," "Alias" and "Boston Public."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche