Lou Reed Cancels Coachella Sets, California Shows
The former Velvet Underground frontman has axed three other gigs surrounding the Indio festival.
Lou Reed has cancelled a run of California dates, including two appearances at the Coachella Music Festival.
According to Reed's site, he's pulled out of the Indio festival as well as three dates surrounding the two-weekend April event: the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles, the Warfield in San Francisco, and the Golden State Theatre in Monterey.
"This show has been cancelled due to unavoidable complications," the Orpheum event's web page notes. Refunds for the latter two shows are "available at point of purchase," per show promoter Goldenvoice. He has no other current dates listed.
Reed reportedly appeared at an event celebrating his 1972 solo album Transformer in New York on March 4. He recently released a photography book, "Rimes Rhymes."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress