Louis C.K. To Receive Comedy's Top Honor
Star of FX series 'Louie' to be crowned comedy person of the year at Just For Laughs fest.
TORONTO – Hot on the heels of his FX comedy Louie, stand-up comic Louis C.K. is to be crowned comedy person of the year by the Just For Laughs festival in July, organizers said Tuesday.
C.K., who executive produced, wrote, directed and stars in the autobiographical FX series, will receive the comic industry’s pinnacle prize on July 29 as part of the mecca of comedy’s industry conference in Montreal.
Other 2011 conference highlights: social critic Marc Maron will deliver a keynote speech, and Just For Laughs perennial Andy Kindler will return to skewer TV industry execs during his annual State of The Industry address.
Pitch competitions at this year’s fest comedy conference include My Damn Channel putting a web development deal up for grabs.
The Just For Laughs gabfest is set to run from July 28 to 30 in Montreal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR