'Love Bites' casts in-demand duo
Jordana Spiro, Becki Newton to play two leads
It's a hot one!
NBC's dramedy pilot "Love Bites" has been able to land the two most sought-after comedy actresses for its two leads.
"My Boys" star Jordana Spiro has signed on to star in the project, joining "Ugly Betty's" Becki Newton.
The romantic dramedy, from "Sex and the City" alumna Cindy Chupack UMS and Working Title, is in the vein of the anthology series "Love, American Style." It chronicles several loosely connected, modern stories of love, sex, marriage and dating centered on two characters, Frannie and Annie, the only regular roles on the show.
Spiro will play Frannie, a sarcastic career bridesmaid who is sick of being single. Newton plays her friend Annie, an infectiously bubbly hopeless romantic who also happens to be a virgin.
For Spiro, the project is in second position to TBS' "My Boys," which is returning for a fourth season in the summer.
Both Newton, a standout on "Betty," which will end its four-year run this spring, and Spiro, who also has gotten a lot of attention for her starring turn on "My Boys," were the toast of this pilot season on the comedy side, garnering some 20 offers between the two.
Spiro is repped by ICM, Principal and attorney Deborah Klein.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws