LoveFilm Germany Secures Nicolas Winding Refn’s 'Pusher' Films
Deal with FilmConfect boosts Lovefilm’s VOD library with titles from Lars von Trier, Claude Chabrol and Robert Altman.
COLOGNE, Germany – LoveFilm Deutschland has signed a subscription VOD content deal with online video group FilmConfect for a slate of library titles including the first films from Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn.
The deal includes Refn’s Danish drug dramas Pusher and Pusher 2, both of which feature Mads Mikkelsen. Among the other films in the package are Robert Altman’s A Prairie Home Companion and The Boss of it All from Lars von Trier as well as older titles such as Claude Chabrol’s 1969 classic The Unfaithful Wife.
LoveFilm Deutschland is the German division of Amazon’s home entertainment group LoveFilm, which has some 1.5 million subscribers across Europe. LoveFilm launched its German division in 2006 and started its own VOD service in the territory last year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR