Longtime Lucasfilm President and COO Micheline Chau Retiring
She is credited with strengthening the "Star Wars" brand.
Micheline Chau, a two-decades-long veteran of Lucasfilm, who currently serves as president and COO, announced Wednesday that she is retiring.
With her departure, senior executives for each of the Lucasfilm divisions will report directly to Kathleen Kennedy, who was named Lucasfilm co-chair in June.
Chau is credited with keeping the Lucasfilm and Star Wars brands strong, espeically through animation spin-offs and licensing initiatives. “I’ve been very fortunate to have Mich at the helm of my company," said Lucasfilm founder and co-chairman George Lucas. She has provided the focus and strategy needed to keep Lucasfilm at the forefront of the global entertainment industry. Mich has been a key member of my executive team for over 20-years and she will be missed. I wish her the best in her retirement.”
“I’ve spent the past two decades at Lucasfilm growing the business and in the process have had the distinct pleasure of working with some of the most creative people in the world,” Chau said. “I’m very proud of what Lucasfilm has accomplished during my tenure and I know the company is set up for great things and will continue to inspire audiences for a long time to come.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott